April 26, 2015
On April 25, 2015, a devastating earthquake has occurred in Nepal. More than 8,000 people died, 16,000 people injured, 5,00,000 houses & buildings destroyed and 2,70,000 houses & buildings partially damaged. (Reference: http://drrportal.gov.np).
Pursuant to the natural tragedy, the International Association for Human Values (IAHV) in partnership with the Art of Living Foundation (AOLF) established a Disaster Relief Fund to provide humanitarian assistance for the victims of the Earthquake. More than 8000 volunteers are working in ground zero in 12 out of 13 major impacted districts of Nepal covering 103 Municipality/VDC of Nepal to provide Immediate Relief and Trauma Relief. These districts are Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktpur, Dolkha, Shindupalchwok, Ramechhap, Okheldhunga, Gorkha, Kavre, Dhading, Lamjung and Nuwakot.
Our Immediate Response (Within a month):
- Distributed Relief Materials (Food, Medicine, Tents, Blankets, etc) to 1,50,000 victims worth INR 4Cr.
- Conducted more than 225 Trauma Relief Workshop benefited 30,000 victims worth INR 3Cr.
- More than 8000 volunteers worked in ground zero in 12 out of 13 major impacted districts of Nepal worth INR 16Cr.
Mid/Short Term Rehabilitation Plan:
- Build 13 Earthquake and Flood Proof Communities Living centers in 13 most impacted districts of Nepal and use them for shelters for needy and to impart vocational skills.
- Build 300 temporary shelters for needy in selected village.
- Train 1000 Youth of the region to select 300 Employed Youth Leaders who would support infrastructure building and conduct Trauma Relief workshops.
- Conduct 5000 Trauma Relief Workshop covering 1.5 million impacted populations.
Local AOLF and IAHV volunteers are starting Mid/Short Term Rehabilitation Program. Our Trauma Relief Workshops and long-term survivor rehabilitation programs will continue to supplement all relief efforts. https://littlescholarsnyc.com/