IAHV PROGRAMS IN THE PHILIPPINES
IAHV Philippines focuses on programs that address the mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) needs of individuals and communities affected by disasters, conflict and violence.
IAHV’s evidence-based breathing and relaxation techniques are being applied in trauma and stress relief, stress management, mental resilience building, and empowerment of vulnerable populations such as:
- Ex-combatants and their families
- Conflict-affected women and youth
- Internally-displaced persons
- Prisoners and people deprived of liberty
- Military and police
- COVID-19 frontline workers
- Disaster survivors
- Staff and volunteers of peacebuilding, humanitarian and development institutions
IAHV Philippines has collaborated with key stakeholders, including the Department of Health, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine Military Academy, Philippine National Police, United Nations Development Programme, World Health Organization, Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan, Al Qalam Institute, Thuma Ko Kapagingud Service Organization Inc., various prisons and jails, among others.